Sunday, July 29, 2007

Normal, Everyday Life

I realized recently that blogging makes our life seem a bit bigger than life. The select snapshots and videos portray the best of the best of us. So today, I sat on the couch looking down at Sophia exploring the apartment as she usually does. There was nothing extraordinary about it and that's why I grabbed the camera. Here we see Sophia playing with the basket under the coffee table and the blinds as her pile of toys lays idly nearby. As is the case with most babies, the brightly colored, meant to stimulate toys thrust upon us by the toy industry don't really catch her eye. She tends to prefer everyday objects as she works on picking things up, tasting them, and figuring out what all she can do with them (shaking, pounding, stretching).


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Obviously another soprano in the family! I love the part, where she's manipulating the blinds while, at the same time, she explores the texture of the carpet with her feet. What a genius granddaughter we have!

Unknown said...

Her genius has yet to be proven. What is clear is that she has certainly inherited her father's limited attention span and simultaneous interest in multiple stimuli. :)

Mel said...

Ain't that the truth?

Mel said...

Hey Jeff, Remember last night when I was half asleep and I heard Sophia? I rolled over and asked you to go check on her. You promptly let me know, in a touched with humor voice, that you were watching this video right beside me and my daughter was not awake. That was funny.