As the saying goes, there is a sucker born every minute. Well, if other babies are anything like ours then technically (according to the statistics I looked up today) 146 suckers are born every minute. Sophia has discovered her hands. I prefer to refer to them as her baby cocaine and boy is she addicted! When they catch her eye we see that we are to be blessed with a determined child. Before attempting to put her fists in her mouth she stares down at them intently, often going cross eyed. After she has looked at her fists longingly for a substantial amount of time she then attempts to bring them to her mouth. Sophia wheels her right arm around in circles, trying to come in for the best landing. Nestling her right fist in her left she uses the thrust of her other arm to push the right fist into optimal mouth sucking position. If the arm swinging fails and she is unable to grasp her fist she lets out a full-fledged cry. The first few times Jeff and I heard it we thought she had inadvertently hurt herself. We were wrong, a few observations of this cycle of events let us know that she was merely frustrated...very frustrated by the sound of the cries.
Saturday, February 24, 2007
Sucka!!
As the saying goes, there is a sucker born every minute. Well, if other babies are anything like ours then technically (according to the statistics I looked up today) 146 suckers are born every minute. Sophia has discovered her hands. I prefer to refer to them as her baby cocaine and boy is she addicted! When they catch her eye we see that we are to be blessed with a determined child. Before attempting to put her fists in her mouth she stares down at them intently, often going cross eyed. After she has looked at her fists longingly for a substantial amount of time she then attempts to bring them to her mouth. Sophia wheels her right arm around in circles, trying to come in for the best landing. Nestling her right fist in her left she uses the thrust of her other arm to push the right fist into optimal mouth sucking position. If the arm swinging fails and she is unable to grasp her fist she lets out a full-fledged cry. The first few times Jeff and I heard it we thought she had inadvertently hurt herself. We were wrong, a few observations of this cycle of events let us know that she was merely frustrated...very frustrated by the sound of the cries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sounds delightful!!!
Hey Meg, Thanks for the feedback. I'm always wondering if ya'll are enjoying the site. -Mel
Wow! Sounds like a little first-born I once knew. Get ready for some big struggles, as a "self-willed child" can be both a delight and a headache. (Love ya, Jeff!)
Post a Comment